Every member of our team believes passionately that how we do things is just as important as what we do. Five deep-seated values underpin every aspect of our approach to veterinary medicine and customer care:
- Happiness. It’s important to us that our practice feels warm and welcoming – for you and your pets. We all love what we do and feel privileged to be trusted with the care of your beloved pets. Sometimes, inevitably, there will be times of sadness but we’ll always be right there with you (with a cup of tea and a box of tissues if needed.) We understand.
- Sustainability. We take our wider responsibilities seriously – you’ll find no gimmicks here. In line with our commitment to educate local children in practical environmental awareness, our large grounds have bird boxes, hedgehog lodges and insect hotels, and a wildflower meadow to support pollinators. We recycle everything we can and actively reduce waste.
- Community. We strive to deliver continuity of care, so your pet will always see the same vet. We support local charities and neighbourhood initiatives and welcome tourists and visitors whose pets may need veterinary care – anyone who loves animals is part of our extended family!
- Integrity. Doing the right thing is fundamentally important to us – we work hard to keep our training and development up to date and we invest in the best equipment. We’ll never sell you products you don’t need or prolong treatment unnecessarily- sometimes rest and a large dose of TLC is all that’s needed, and we’ll always say if that’s the case.
- Friendliness. We hope to form lasting and genuine partnerships with all our clients and pets – you’ll never be a patient number or just another case. If you’re comfortable with us using your first name, we will. We’ll remember your pet’s name (as well as whether a pat or a chin rub is preferred) and approach every conversation with openness, warmth and honesty.
We promise to uphold these values clearly and consistently – because there are lots of vets, but there’s only one Whitstable Bay Vets. We care for pets, their people and the planet!